House fire erupts in Northwest Albany
The Albany Fire Department has now determined what caused an early morning fire in the 2000 block of Elton Road.
According to investigators, the homeowner had been using the stove prior to the incident and left the device on before leaving the home to stay at a nearby residence for the night. Officials confirmed the stove was the source of the fire.
There were no confirmed injuries but officials said the damage was upwards of $150,000.
Fire crews are still on the scene of a house fire in the 2000 block of Elton Road in Albany.
As of 2:13 a.m., multiple fire trucks, ambulances, police vehicles and a cherry picker are on scene.are battling the blaze.
Officials say the fire is concentrated towards the left side of the house.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com and Good Day as the story develops,