Safety officials say every home should have an emergency box fully stocked and ready to use in case of a power outage.
The Georgia Emergency Management Agency recommends the following items for an emergency box:
- Water supply for three days for each person
- Non perishable food for three days for each person/animal
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Trash bags
- Battery powered radio and Noaa weather radio
- Blankets, change of clothes
- Games for children to play
G.E.M.A. also recommends you keep all items together and easily accessible so you know where to go in case of an emergency.