Hazmat crews called to P&G
Albany Fire Department Hazmat crews were called to Proctor and Gamble early this morning.
A pallet containing 150 pounds of Hydrosulfite was smoldering in an outside area. The product is water reactive. Fire crews helped P&G transfer the product from the pallet into drums to eliminate its threat.
"Minor smoldering, we took care of the being the backup personnel to them they went ahead and disposed of the product properly and it took about an hour to get the whole incident under control and finished," said Deputy Fire Chief Ron Rowe.
Fire crews say they train with P&G annually for situations such as this.