Grill causes house fire on Lovers Lane Road

The back side of the house after catching on fire. / Ashley Knight

Albany fire officials were called out to 110 Lovers Lane Road Tuesday morning in response to a fire.

Chief Allen Cravey says three people were in the house at the time of the fire, around 2:00 am, and that everyone got out safely. Cravey says it appears they were using the grill the night before and left hot coals on the grill.

During the night, the wind picked up and overturned the grill and started a fire on the wooden deck which spread to the house. It's estimated to have caused $130,000 worth of damage. Cravey says the house is uninhabitable as is.