MENU

      Grease fire temporarily closes fast food restaurant

      The Steak 'N' Shake on North Westover is closed temporarily due to a small grease fire Monday

      A grease fire at the Steak 'N' Shake on North Westover forces the restaurant to close its doors - but only until tomorrow.

      Albany firefighters got the call around 6:30 this morning. They say a portable fire extinguisher helped employees contain the fire. The damage didn't spread beyond the fry vat. Folks with steak 'n' shake are in the cleanup process.

      The fire caused about $300 worth of damage.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER