Georgia hospitals form new alliance
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:21:04 GMT —
Multiple Georgia hospitals have banded together to form Stratus Healthcare, which they say has been formed to create a network of hospitals, health care systems and physicians.
They say that members of the Stratus Healthcare alliance will work together to exchange best practices, combine resources, develop coordinated information systems, reduce costs and manage the health of populations, providing the Federal healthcare reform will require that medical care be reimbursed based on a fee-for-value framework rather than the fee-for-service model used in the past.
Officials say that each hospital will remain independent, with each continuing to operate independently. Stratus Healthcare is a formalized alliance which allows member hospitals to take advantage of a shared services model, yet continue their independence.
Officials add that the work done to the alliance will be transparent and that patients will see quicker exchanges of patient information to prevent duplication or over-utilization of health care services.
Hospitals that are a part of Stratus Healthcare include:
- Bleckley Memorial Hospital in Cochran
- Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon
- Central Georgia Rehabilitation Hospital in Macon
- Medical Center of Peach County in Byron
- Coffee Regional Medical Center in Douglas
- Columbus Regional Medical Center in Columbus
- Doctors Hospital in Columbus
- Hughston Hospital in Columbus
- Crisp Regional Hospital in Cordele
- Dodge County Hospital in Eastman
- Houston Medical Center in Warner Robins
- Perry Hospital in Perry
- Jasper Memorial Hospital in Monticello
- Oconee Regional Medical Center in Milledgeville
- Putnam General Hospital in Eatonton
- South Georgia Medical Center in Valdosta
- Smith Northview Hospital in Valdosta
- Louis Smith Memorial Hospital in Lakeland
- Clinch Memorial Hospital in Homerville
- SGMC-Berrien Campus in Nashville
- Taylor Regional Hospital in Hawkinsville
- Tift Regional Medical Center in Tifton
- Cook Medical Center in Adel