75 / 62
      78 / 61
      81 / 61

      Friday fire burns Moultrie home

      House fire Friday singes Moultrie home.

      A Moultrie home caught fire Friday leaving the structure with minimal damage.

      The Moultrie Observer reports that an electric heater was the cause of the blaze which damaged the majority of the northwest Moultrie home.

      Early reports had indicated that the resident may have been inside, however he was later found to be out of the home and not injured in the fire.

      Fire authorities say the extent of the damage consisted of moderate heat and smoke damage in the living room, and light smoke damage throughout the entire home.