The Georgia Department of Public Health sent out a press release Monday morning to warn people of a new 'trend' hitting the streets.Eight people in Southeast Georgia were sent to the hospital after inhaling herbal incense. The product is being sold as Crazy Clown or Herbal Madness Incense. Some of those patients are now in intensive care on life support according to the Georgia Department of Public Health. Major Bill Berry with the Albany-Dougherty Drug Unit says this product clearly says on the back that it is not to be consumed but people are doing it anyway for the 'high.' He told FOX 31 the main ingredient in this incense is not illegal and that's where they run into a problem. Major Berry said all ADDU can do is ask store owners to take it off the shelves; and he says they do plan on going around to those stores and talking to them about the product.FOX 31 also spoke to Gaylord Lopez, the Director of the Georgia Poison Control Center, who stressed that this product is life-threatening and urges people who are even thinking about using it to get high not to.Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!
This stations Social Feeds are currently unavailable
This stations Twitter Social Feed is currently unavailable
This stations Facebook Social Feed is currently unavailable