Fireplace mishaps blamed for Albany fires

Home on S. Davis

The Albany Fire Department says fireplace mishaps are to blame for two more destructive infernos.

On Monday night, the wooden casing of the chimney at 821 Shelton Drive caught fire, causing about $12,000 worth of damage to the home.

Early Tuesday morning, residents of 209 South Davis reportedly put too much firewood in their fireplace.

The resulting blaze caused about $15,000 in damages to that home.

No one was hurt in either fire.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off