Officials responded to a fire at 3402 Sylvester Highway around 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose says the house owner was burning scraps in a can outside his home when he ran inside for a minute and the can blew over.
The fire traveled through the grass to the man's shed which was full of items like tires and lawnmowers.
Ambrose says they were able to get the fire under control before it spread further, but not before the shed was badly damaged.
Ambrose says if you're going to burn scraps, make sure you have a burn permit and never leave the can unattended.