74
      Tuesday
      93 / 70
      Wednesday
      95 / 71
      Thursday
      92 / 70

      Fire leaves one victim in critical condition

      A fire erupted in a residence in the 400 block of Dorsett Street early Sunday morning. / Rheya Spigner


      A fire erupted in a residence in the 400 block of Dorsett Street early Sunday morning.

      Battalion Chief Ambrose with the Albany Fire Department says when firefighters arrived there were heavy flames and smoke in front of the house

      His team went in for search and rescue and firefighters found a victim in the bedroom.

      Firefighters pulled the victim out to the yard and administered CPR. Firefighters gained a pulse and EMS arrived quickly after. EMS stabilized and transported to the victim to Phoebe Putney.

      EMS reported the victim was critical but stable.

      AFD says the fire is believed to have started in the living room and was caused by a shorted air conditioning unit.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER