component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      40
      Monday
      58 / 31
      Tuesday
      47 / 30
      Wednesday
      52 / 27

      Fire displaces whole triplex on Christmas night

      A triplex on the 800 block of S Harding Street, caught on fire, Christmas night. / Sean Streicher


      A fire broke out late Christmas night at a triplex, on the 800 block of South Harding Street in Albany.

      The Albany Fire department tells us the fire was started by candles, and that most of the damage was confined to a bedroom, and the attic above that room.

      No one was injured but fire crews had to cut the power to the whole building, displacing residents from all 3 apartments.

      The total damage is estimated to be $20,000 dollars, and the Red Cross was called in to provide assistance.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER