A leak from the tank ignited causing damage to another fridge and some nearby cylinder tanks with the shop sustaining minor smoke damage.
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:05:45 GMT — The Albany Fire Department had a busy Tuesday morning with two calls nearly back-to-back.The first call came in from Brown's Thrift Shop and Appliance Repair on Moultrie Road.A man inside was making repairs on a compressor using a torch. Fire officials say that the man thought he turned the torch off and was using it near an oxygen tank in the area.A leak from the tank ignited causing damage to another fridge and some nearby cylinder tanks with the shop sustaining minor smoke damage.The second call came in minutes later at a residence in the 1900 block of Skyline Drive.Fire department officials say that a person inside the home left the stove on and went to bed.After putting out the fire, firefighters found damage to to the stove and microwave along with minor smoke damage to the kitchen.
This stations Social Feeds are currently unavailable
This stations Twitter Social Feed is currently unavailable
This stations Facebook Social Feed is currently unavailable
WFXL FOX 31 is your source for getting connected to balanced news, severe weather coverage and local sports for Adel, Albany, Camilla, Cordele, Dawson, Douglas, Fitzgerald, Leesburg, Morgan, Moultrie, Nashville, Newton, Ocilla, Pearson, Sylvester, Tifton and Valdosta.