76
      Thursday
      89 / 66
      Friday
      89 / 67
      Saturday
      88 / 69

      Fire Department extinguishes cigarette lighter fire

      Upon arrival, they learned a young boy living in the apartment was playing with a cigarette lighter, which was the cause of the fire. / Franklin White


      Around 3:00 PM Thursday afternoon, Albany firefighters were called to the scene of a fire at Cedar Avenue apartments.

      Upon arrival, they learned a young boy living in the apartment was playing with a cigarette lighter, which was the cause of the fire.

      Everyone inside made it out and no injuries were reported.

      The fire remains under investigation at this time by the fire department.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER