Fire Department battles West Lincoln blaze
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 22:28:39 GMT —
A family has been displaced after their home of 26 years went up in flames.
The fire started just before 5:00 p.m. Wednesday evening at a residence located in the 600 block of West Lincoln Avenue.
Johnny Howard, the homeowner, wasn't home when the fire started. He received a call from his daughter who was at the residence when the flames started.
Howard said when he arrived the flames were spreading throughout the home. That's when his son ran inside.
"The fire was so hot and strong that I just turned around. I couldn't get in there to hit the breaker. So my baby son he went inside and ran in there. I was scared for him but he went in there and hit the breaker," said Johnny Howard, homeowner.
Howard said the fire started in the dining room with the air conditioner unit.
Albany fire officials are still investigating the fire.