Multiple agencies including Albany police, Albany Fire Department, and EMS have responded after a fire was reported in the 1400 block of Ken Gardens Road.
Officials with the Albany Fire Department say that the residents and several cats made it out, but that four or five cats did not.
Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose says that the fire may have started by a cat knocking over a lamp.
The residents will not be able to stay in their home tonight.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!