73
      Saturday
      82 / 60
      Sunday
      87 / 62
      Monday
      87 / 64

      Fire damages Albany day care building

      An early morning fire broke out at an Albany day care center, but no one was hurt

      An early morning fire broke out at an Albany day care center, but no one was hurt. Firefighters were called out to the building on Stuart Avenue at about 5 o'clock Tuesday morning.

      When they got there everyone had gotten out of the house okay. Crews were on the scene for about four hours putting out the blaze.

      "Basically now we've done our investigation and determined that the fire started in the attic from an electrical short. We had a lot of fall down debris from inside the house but it was contained in the attic," said Albany Fire Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose.

      The day care was in a densely populated residential area. Now investigators are looking into whether or not the owner had the proper permits to operate the daycare.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER