61
      Thursday
      72 / 49
      Friday
      75 / 53
      Saturday
      82 / 60

      Fire breaks out in Marie Road apartment

      The woman that occupied the apartment had lived there for two years and the family says she lost everything. / Matt Prichard


      A fire broke out Wednesday around noon in an apartment located at 211 Marie Road.

      Albany Fire Department crews responded and extinguished the fire but don't yet know the cause.

      Local residents believed that the fire was caused due to an issue with the air conditioner.

      The woman that occupied the apartment had lived there for two years and the family says she lost everything.

      There were four apartments in building and only one of the apartments had fire damage. The others suffered smoke damage.

      No one was inside the apartment at the time.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as the story develops and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER