82 / 58
      76 / 56
      80 / 59

      Evelyn Avenue home damaged after kitchen fire

      The family was assisted by the Red Cross after being displaced by the fire.

      The Albany Fire Department spent multiple hours Tuesday night fighting a blaze in the 1500 block of Evelyn Avenue.Investigators say that the fire started in the kitchen and took over most of the house.Family members say the daughter was able to get everyone out of the house and saved everyone TMs life.No one suffered injuries from the fire.Officials with the fire department say don TMt leave cooking food unattended in the kitchen, even for just a quick second.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!