MENU

      Early morning fire at the Econo Lodge

      Albany Fire Department responded to a fire in East Albany. / From file

      The Albany Fire Department says preliminary results show a child may be responsible for a fire this morning on the east side.

      Fire teams were called to the Econo Lodge on the 1800 block of East Oglethorpe this morning after reports of a fire were made.

      Investigators say a woman staying at the hotel woke up to realize one of the beds was on fire.

      Responders say no one was hurt but initial reports state a 4-year-old child may have gotten a hold of a lighter and set the blaze.

      No one was injured in this incident - investigators say smoke and fire damage is minimal.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER