FOX 31 wanted to know if sunday sales were ever or would ever be on the ballot in Crisp County.
We spoke with Crisp County Finance Director Sherri Leverett who told us it has not yet been on the ballot but commissioners are talking about it.
There hasn't yet been a formal discussion on the matter though.
Arrests have been made after six stores in Crisp County were found to be selling to minors or selling on Sunday.
Both the Cordele Police Department and the Crisp County Sheriff's Office responded to citizen complaints by sending in undercover agents to make purchases as underage buyers or for Sunday sales.
On July 29, arrest warrants were served on the following clerks and store owners in violation:
- Eastside Grocery located at 601 East 8th Avenue, Hannah Ruth Seigler was charged with selling alcohol to a minor.
- Joe's Supermarket located at 1305 South Joe Wright Drive, Kashmira Patel and Vijay "Joe" Patel were charged with selling alcohol on Sunday.
- Sunset Food mart located at 503 West 24th Avenue, Sonny Chaudhari was charged with selling alcohol to a minor.
- US Discount Store located at 1310 South 7th Street, Pravinbhai Patel was charged with selling alcohol to a minor.
- Cordele Food Mart located at 316 Suite B, East 24th Avenue, Andy Sukhadiya was charged with selling alcohol to a minor.
- Shorty's Quick Stop located at 4065 Bedgood Avenue Arabi, Binal Patel was charged with selling alcohol to a minor.
Sheriff Billy Hancock and CPD Chief Bobby Hooper say that stores failing to comply with the laws could also lose their alcohol license.