Counterfeit cash can cost you

District Attorney Greg Edwards discussed counterfeit cash. / From file

In our Facebook story of the day, you wanted to know what do if you've been passed counterfeit cash.

It is a crime to have counterfeit and forged documents in your possession.

Officials say that you should immediately turn it into law enforcement.

Dougherty County District Attorney Greg Edwards says when you talk to law enforcement, you should "advise them who it was that gave you the money the best you can. If you know this information, it will generally be coordinated with the United States Secret Service, which has primary jurisdiction in dealing with counterfeit currency."

If caught, someone can be charged with forgery in the second degree to possess and possibly face jail time.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off