72
      Friday
      89 / 67
      Saturday
      89 / 66
      Sunday
      86 / 68

      Collins Street flames extinguished by firefighters

      Photo Credit: Melanie Kendall


      Albany firefighters responded to a call at 112 Collins Street, Apartment B, early Thursday morning.

      The homeowner was cooking and on his computer in the other room.

      The unattended food sparked a grease fire.

      Firefighters responded in three minutes and extinguished the flames.

      No injuries were reported. Damage is limited to the stove.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER