component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      62
      Saturday
      53 / 28
      Sunday
      55 / 38
      Monday
      66 / 47

      Child overdoses on prescription drugs

      The District Attorney's Office has opened a child death investigation after a child overdosed on prescription drugs at the Sunchase Apartments early Sunday morning

      / File


      UPDATE:

      District Attorney Greg Edwards says 1-year-old Seanielle Washington died early Sunday morning after overdosing on prescription medication.

      Edwards says Washington was taken to the hospital earlier in the day and discharged before her mother, Taneisha Harrell, called 911. Washington was then transported to the hospital where she died.

      An autopsy was performed on Washington on Monday and Edwards says forensic toxicologists will run tests to determine which medication the child overdosed on.

      There are no charges filed in this case as of Monday according to Edwards but his office will continue to investigate how the child got into the medicine.

      Washington would have turned 2 in January.

      ORIGINAL STORY:

      The District Attorney's Office has opened a child death investigation after a child overdosed on prescription drugs early Sunday morning.

      The Albany Police Department was called out to the Sunchase Apartments shortly before 2 a.m. According to the report, the child was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead.

      District Attorney Greg Edwards says they're not sure how the child gained access to the drugs or what kind of prescription it was.

      Edwards says his office will release more information as it becomes available.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER