component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      46
      Sunday
      53 / 35
      Monday
      57 / 28
      Tuesday
      47 / 26

      Cell phone charger ignites home

      Albany Fire officials say an electrical short in a cell phone charger caused a woman's home to catch fire.

      They say the Moultrie Road residence received severe flame damage to the bedroom, where the fire originated, and severe smoke damage to the rest of the house. Officials estimate there was between $8,000 and $12,000 worth of damage done.

      The Albany Fire Department says the homeowner returned for lunch when she saw that smoke was coming from the windows and doors; they say she immediately called the fire department.

      No one was inside the residence when the fire started; no one was injured according to fire officials.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER