82
      Sunday
      90 / 67
      Monday
      92 / 70
      Tuesday
      93 / 70

      Cats rescued from early morning blaze

      Shortly after 8:00AM, Saturday, the Albany Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 800 Block of West Gordon Avenue.

      / Sean Streicher

      Shortly after 8:00AM, Saturday, the Albany Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 800 Block of West Gordon Avenue.

      It took crews 20 minutes to get the blaze under control which was reportedly started by unattended food left on the stove.

      There was no one in the house at the time of the fire, and the damaged is estimated to be in the range of $25,000.

      "There was nobody in the house, we had done a thorough search, and manly the fire damage was confined to the kitchen area," said Captain Turner of the the Albany Fire Department.

      Two cats were rescued from the fire, crews even administered one of them oxygen before sending them off with Animal control.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER