MENU

      Car port fire damages house on Austin Drive

      A fire that started in the car port spread to the attic causing massive damage. / Melanie Kendall

      A morning fire at an Austin Drive home leaves a family displaced before New Years.

      Three people were at home when the fire began in the car port but they were able to make it out safely. The fire spread to the attic causing damage to the home.

      The Albany Fire Department believes the fire was caused by an electrical short in an outlet box.

      The family has been displaced from the residence, but the Red Cross has stepped in to help.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as this story develops and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 P.M.
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER