ASU professors ask state to investigate school
Thu, 02 Jun 2011 04:47:38 GMT —
Fox 31 News received a copy of concerns the Albany State University chapter of the American Association of University Professors sent to the Georgia Board of Regents.
The letter details concerns regarding the school administration, the mismanagement of several federal grants, and masking violations of certain rules and regulations.
The findings from the group include the list below:
- Lack of financial responsibility in managing various federal grants by administration
- Lack of responsibility for actions or errors
- Grades being changed from failing to passing
- Hostile work environment backed by several official complaints by faculty staff, and students
- Disregard for ASU statutes and Board of Regents policies.
The group says they brought their concerns to President Freeman and now they want the Board of Regents to stop in and launch a formal investigation.