85 / 66
      83 / 60
      77 / 57

      Apartment blaze leaves two homeless

      The Willows apartment complex suffers from fire damage.

      Two brothers are being housed by the Red Cross after an overnight apartment fire leaves them without a home.

      Just after 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning Albany firefighters responded to a fire in apartment B7 of The Willows apartment complex on Whispering Pines Road.

      It took over 30 minutes calm the flames.

      The two brothers who lived in the structure say they were asleep when blaze started.

      Officials are still investigating but they believe the fire originated in the kitchen near the stove.

      No one was injured during the fire and officials say the structure suffered over $37,000 in damages.