component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      54
      Saturday
      57 / 33
      Sunday
      53 / 35
      Monday
      57 / 28

      Albany has big plans if T-SPLOST passes

      The city of Albany would like to replace traffic lights if T-SPLOST passes. / Sean Streicher


      In Albany and its surrounding counties, voters are split on the TSPLOST referendum.

      In a Connect Georgia commissioned poll 51% of people questioned said they would vote in favor of TSPLOST, the remaining 49% ether said they wouldn't or they're undecided.

      Those numbers are too close to declare victory, but that's not stopping the city of Albany from developing a list of proposed T-SPLOST projects.

      The list of improvements includes:

      -Street Resurfacing
      -Street Paving
      -Street Widening
      -Intersection Improvement
      -Traffic Signal Replacement
      -Traffic Control Improvement
      -Railroad Crossings Improvement
      -Sidewalk Projects
      -Alley Paving
      -Bridge Inspection and Repairs

      If T-SPLOST doesn't pass City Commissioner, Roger Marietta, says these projects aren't dead in the water,"were going to attack some of these problems regardless of whether T-SPLOST passes."

      The completion of those projects will depend on funding becoming available.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER