77
      Tuesday
      80 / 61
      Wednesday
      79 / 55
      Thursday
      80 / 55

      Albany Fire Department battles kitchen fire on Gillespie Avenue

      Officials say there is flame damage to the cabinets, microwave, and a bit in the attic; however, there is a good amount of smoke damage to the Gillespie Avenue home.
      / Jessica Fairley

      Albany fire officials are investigating a fire that happened at a home located at 1506 Gillespie Avenue.

      Authorities believe the fire started in the kitchen near the microwave.

      Officials say there is flame damage to the cabinets, microwave, and a bit in the attic. There's also a good amount of smoke damage throughout the home.

      The owner of the home was inside the residence at the time of the fire but she escaped without suffering any injuries.

      Damages to the home are estimated at approximately $5,000.
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER