86
      Sunday
      87 / 66
      Monday
      86 / 62
      Tuesday
      80 / 61

      Albany Fire Department battles early morning fire


      The Albany Fire Department responded to a fire broke out in the 1000 block of East Roosevelt Avenue about 3 a.m., with four people inside the home at the time.

      Four people were in the home at the time but they all made it out on their own.

      One man was transported by EMS to the hospital due to a bad cut on his leg that he received after jumping through a window to escape the fire.

      Fire department officials say that the cause of the fire is from unattended food on the stove.

      AFD Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose said the heaviest damage was inside the kitchen and living room, with some damage throughout the rest of the house.

      The family had a smoke alarm but it was out of batteries at the time of the fire according to fire officials.

      The fire has left the family of four displaced for the time being.


      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER