Sowega Electric Motors on Flint Avenue went up in flames Friday night, but the owner says they're still open for business!
Owner Travis Pelham was using a side grinder Friday at his workbench when a spark landed nearby and sat, smoldering, until it caused the structure to go up in flames around midnight.
76-year-old Dennis Posey remembers working at the business in high school, soon after Pelham's grandfather, Travis McCraney, started up the company. Pelham took over eight years ago and Posey still works there.
"I was worried about the shop, I was worried about the customers and also mine and his jobs, cause this is the only place I TMve worked," says Posey.
The fire took out over 70% of the structure that sits at 711 Flint Avenue. Pelham says they'll move everything to the back porch.
"I want to keep those customers coming back, so I want them to know that we're going to be still servicing the public by whatever means necessary," says Pelham.
You can call Sowega Electric Motors at 229-432-2721.