MENU

      AFD determines cause of Tuesday's house fire

      The Albany Fire Department says a spliced extension cord is to blame for a fire that happened early Tuesday morning / File


      The Albany Fire Department says a spliced extension cord is to blame for a fire that happened early Tuesday morning.

      Flames broke out around 7 a.m. at a house on Eager Drive. Firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy flames coming from the empty home.

      Officials originally thought the flames came from the front of the house but didn't know what was to blame. On Wednesday they determined the spliced extension cord used on a space heater started the blaze.

      AFD Arson Investigator Sam Harris says it's never a good idea to splice a cord.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER