Albany firefighters say a house fire at a duplex located at 605 N. Jackson Street is a case of arson.
This is the second fire officials responded to at this residence in one day.
The first was a trash fire. The second blaze started when someone set a chair on fire.
The chair on the back carport erupted in flames causing damage to the back of the structure.
Fire officials have placed a watch on the home for the next two weeks.
The residence has been vacant for some time and no one was injured in the fire.