2 Georgia Tech students burned by explosion
Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:03:12 GMT —
ATLANTA (AP) - Officials at Georgia Tech say two students received severe burns from a chemical explosion behind a fraternity house.
A Georgia Tech spokeswoman identified the two men injured early Wednesday as Tommy Keen, a sophomore aerospace engineering student from Peachtree City, and Paul Grzybowski, a junior materials science student from Appling.
Officials say the two were burned when they tried to mix aluminum powder and rust powder.
The students were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment of burns to their upper bodies. Both were listed in critical condition.
Georgia Tech and Atlanta Fire Department officials are investigating.